Sunday 13 March 2022

Framed Buttons

FRAMED UP BUTTONS
i love makings simple displays using frames of all sizes, only have small ones here at present....
Adding a fabric or paper background.
Discard the glass
add a small piece of fabric for button to sit on  and give the layered look.
Trim the fabric or grab another piece and play around to see what looks best. In these samples below I have sort of done that for you.... use it as a guide or use what you have ........it isn't in stone !
Bunny Love came back into the collection of buttons recently and shows up in stock until Easter maybe.

This button display below, moved to another dimension by adding a really small hoop with the flower small button in it's centre. 

Add this to the frame.....need to glue this one in place.

Alex recently told me how she has used the mini hoops with my buttons to make brooches. I saw a photograph of these and what a brilliant idea.



This is a medley of some I framed up to see how the latest button designs would be....a simple display on a wall of say 2 or 3 frame same size & colour etc would be amazing. Very reasonable also.

Great for selling in markets, or adding to shops for a bit of value adding ....

or gifts.....



The 3 topiary trees in an oblong pot with tiny seedlings under planted....doesn't need any water !

I love this look outside in a potted array these days...

so mimicked this want into a button.

This button would be great on a seed bag for storage or for a gift to the gardening friends.


Flowers in pots..

Into the frame they go with some linen bits....use a little stitching on the extra small bit of linen. I did this on the sewing machine.... but hand sewn will bring it to another dimension. 

Just thought stamped with a word on the linen will be bumpy so don't expect a "perfect" word but seeds in separate words or Bonjour in stamp .....

Right now KMART AU have a box of 6 stamps one in flowers & a sentence & the other in leaves and sentence

at $5 each set....of course I ordered some this week on line....had the need for some things there....

So now I have given you more creative ideas ?




 I hope some of you have found your way from the newsletter to my blog. I used to have another blog once but took it all down ages ago....

Then I missed blogging, as it does the best photo sizes. 
It depends on programs what accommodates what....size 
I also missed writing and also sharing tips where I have space to talk.....in a way, it is a great way to connect.
I may have knocked out comments but you know I am here.....might be there I have not checked !!!

Each social medium I choose to use has it's benefits.
I don't use facebook anymore as I find it way too daunting to navigate.
I enjoy instagram and pinterest and my newsletter & the website....and the blog.

As I use my hands to work it can take time and mood to add anything decent or now in some blogs I am writing some of the way I work and the decisions behind those ways ....

If you want unique, creative people often want to push the boundaries.....not follow and hate to be copied and presented as another's work....seen a couple in recent times that disappointed me. 
Not always about me....as designers are often identified by their a distinct signature in their drawing. Many times we draw ourselves as some of the people, parts of us you sometimes get a glimpse of us...
We on the whole are possessing an inner strength, that often you will not be visible if you meet us. 
Now go and look at ladies in designs, mine and another Australian designer I know comes to mind.
Technique is not locked into copyright so frames are just fine.....etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.