Saturday 27 August 2022

Spring is not far away

The pictures today are fabric paintings I did and have popped on my 

I watch & wait as spring tempts me...slowly the mornings warm and if the rain forgets to arrive sunshine !!! is there instead.
I love this time in a way that every plant comes to life....
Who said quite belongs to the country.... ride on mowers seem to dominate the weekends around me....
and during the week different renovations and buildings are constructed and reconstructed or repaired....
My friendly magpies come calling, not every day... now they have been on their list I am not courted as they began...
3 chorusing at my back door, it was so special
Now they work the lawn and as they stroll closer to the house they sing .... if I show up they are happy but if not they continue with their life.... I noticed the wattle birds take advantage of the friendship and quitely come by later.... blackbirds there are 2 who stick to the fence lines, and I see them happily turning over the newest garden spot I have out there..... I am in agreement....
The garden spot was planted with cuttings from around this garden, I rent you see... & I hate poisons to kill weeds , which grown again exactly as before so ????
I make small plantings in these spots....and I have been rewarded by geraniums happily a foot high and flowering this spring from cuttings where weeds just grew...
Now I have taken more cuttings as some of the older geraniums are bushes of mostly pinks & whites but one red I discovered under a huge daisy bush....
To strike in jars on my laundry thick sill.... to plant in other spots that I am looking at.
One side a very narrow side of the house to garden was peppered with thistle seeds blown down the side... I thought not having this while i live here...and struck succulents and geraniums there and now there is this orderly little long garden... on the fence side.... the other side is short but some animal visits there and this season dug furiously under a concrete slab where the air con sits ??? My letting agent thinks it will be rabbits, REALLY ...
Something I learn most days 
I also learnt on deterrents  for this family and the possum that moved slightly over to my vege patch ... raw onion and garlic cut up seems to do the trick....for both....
So the days move on to spring and I am so looking forward to a hot shower.... when some stitches are removed from my nose..... little surgery to take away a skin cancer & do a biopsy while at it....
I have 3 days to wait.... the sponging down does feel good but hopefullly come Wednesday I will be able to wash my short hair !




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.