Monday 29 August 2022

Bearing Up, Painting & Creating, being Mindful & Homeless People

PAINTING AND CREATING 
Bearing up has many definitions....
The paintings I have done on watercolour paper , fabric gift bags, some linen panel and some wood pieces ....the bear face was only one illustration, cat, dog, deer were part of this ....

BEING MINDFUL


 The storm last night that appeared to have swept the state was another bearing up as after the thunder and some heavy rain the TV no longer had a signal.
Darn I so wanted to watch the DNA program on SBS but finally after trying to rescan the TV channels I settled in to knowing I can watch if on the website...
Technology is amazing until it flunks or costs increase so far beyond the pockets of the people who serve it...
I did watch a couple of sessions of a series on ABC, decided I was lucky I had light to read by & a book to read and the fact I could read..
So I was grateful ....

HOMELESS PEOPLE
Before the real rain arrived last night an article about HOMELESS PEOPLE at the Huntly Lions Park on outskirts of Bendigo had been rezoned so the campers can now be moved on.
This homeless camp was mentioned in the Bendigo local paper some weeks ago and I knew about the hidden homeless people in freezing Bendigo and this Huntly plight was a news item.
I thought where will they go ? why doesn't the council look after them.??
No body but charities care !
This last piece just boggled my brain and for the 2nd time in 100 days of Govt I sent the article to the Federal Minister for Housing and Homeless
Not so much that the power is with the minister but profile matters at times and reminding every elected Premier and Shire councillor they need to start a more innovative quicker planning  for this to be resolved soon like within weeks not months and years.
Does anyone find these situations really disturbing ???
I do 
Some of your ancestors would have walked from cities through country regions looking for work to support their families after WW2
 ....I recall because I saw these beaten souls from a pre school and later school eyes and the images and the explanations my parents told me are etched in my mind.
HOW CAN WE DO SIMILIAR THINGS TODAY  ?
You see I illustrate and write to make sense of this world and to provide many with an escape into the softer sides of designing , sewing ,painting etc....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.