Tuesday 26 July 2022

Thanks Frances Mayes and her writings

I am so grateful for Frances Mayes and her stories....
Under the Tuscan Sun
&
Women in Sunlight.
I picked up Women in Sunlight again last night to continuing along my maybe 3rd or 4th reread .
I have I hope a mildish dose of Covid after years now of being cautious.... however the massive stresses of last year with a "sweet" finale ( thus far) has used up a bit of the immune resources I guess.

I am reading along with the 3 amazing American characters in Tuscany as they explore a garden.... each woman represents the passion for painting , another for gardening and the other for cooking and all love exploring.
One mentions flowers as she plans to plant in their rental home for a year...
The mention of catmint, lavender, cosmos....the mint I need to leave in pots...
So I begin my reverie 
CATMINT yes I love the way it smells and is a wonderful filler along the side fences or maybe the vege garden makeover to a herb garden...
I need rosemary to replace the old struggling stick that wa sin the vege garden when I arrived & I loved but alas ....it died over winter.
So maybe 3 small pots of rosemary, 2 pots of catmint along the front of the vege border...with Italian parsely and sage already planted in each corner....
Cosmos...I adore
Takes me back to my new garden in Canberra where I grew pink & white cosmos in the front garden and the following year the finches had happily dropped seeds into the back garden... such a happy flower.
I had also been thinking of coreposis a yellow happy flower that spreads by seeding and this could enhance the happiness here along the borders of the vast fences and also in the front garden a sprinkle ????
Lavender the type I love has been hard to come by during the pandemic but I will seek at least 2 or 3 little tubes of lavendar.... to add into this garden....
Then my weeding will be lessened and the stress of weeding when my body groans with the pain of arthritis.....
I want to see flowers amongst flowers instead of weeds !!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.