Sunday 10 July 2022

Spring Maybe be sooner ...

I love to have blackbirds in the gardens ....
I also love the native birds too....
The blackbird to me is a character....
The song first before break of dawn in spring is clear and melodious and clear....
Anytime they want to sing is fine by me.
There is a couple about BUT this belongs to the family of 3 magpies and not always a share deal !!! 
Even though the land is long and plenty of space for all....

I first noted the magpies arriving back in the tree and now lawn has been mowed nice & low they as a family do the back lawn each afternoon...
Wonderful...

Then I spied the little blackbird on the edges of garden turning over the fallen leaves etc....
Each day it has become bolder....
Today I saw it scuttle out of sight because I stood up from painting at the window....it was a long way off
I laugh....
I am happy both birds come in as they prepare for spring...
amuse me, the magpie calls as I go outside & I call hi...
So when it's a sunny sort of day....with the birds it is lovely.

I drew these when I lived in Bendigo and the blackbirds would cheekily sit on the pots of olives...
Here I do have an orange tree, no olive trees....
But they are happy just digging....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.