Tuesday 21 June 2022

Fabric Painting by Barb Smith of Theodora Cleave



I adore fabric painting ....
It is a wonderful change from painting on wood....especially if you find the right fabrics.
These are done on a medium weave linen which is pleasant to paint a scene on....calico with decent sizing in it is great also. .and a roughr linen cotton mix is good for smaller items as the weave is much rougher and painted edges is also rougher....but rather lovely too. Note I adore linen ! It is my go to fabric.... 
These are illustrations now, I think most are up for purchase for you to try a hand at creating....??? !!!! YES !!!!

Based on a little story of Rupert the cat and his adopted Mum.....
Most cats get up to tricks and if you love a cat it brings so much pleasure back to you.....be it just touching the soft fur, getting some "help" in the garden and the beautiful house and it's garden full of flowers...
That is based on my once home in Canberra , the garden was full of flowers...and Mishka cat & then Millie the cat. Both adopted from RSPCA In Canberra. each a single cat household.
These cats are no longer with me & neither is the house that I sunk my super into ( and just didn't seem to see again ! ) after a nasty bullying in a federal Govt department & I resigned and this is where life led me to painting, markets, quilt shops, books, magazine profiles, one in French only .. actually maybe another in a Secret Gardens quilt I worked with with a French designer, 
Marie _ Claude.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.