Saturday 19 February 2022

The Lady Buttons

Her name is Joy
and she dresses in many colours.
I have drawn in permanent ink and painted a couple of flowers on the dresses..
  

Below are 3 girls from the 2006 designs for 

A Day in Paris stitcheries that ended up in a quilt>

I did some as brooches and then buttons for my main product range.


Here are the Paris Ladies with some divine vine leaf winged angels, that also have vine leaf sprigs cut in the dress.

Angels not only for Christmas but for everyday guidance with the garden, or sewing....their wings are so delicately cut

Freda, was named after my mother when she was designed some years ago as a button.

I had some cut as I a, always love her stylish look and b, it was to honour my mother's birthday in Febuary if she had lived on would have been 100....

She just loved an outing, in her later years any bus leaving town to go on some garden tour etc Freda was on it. She never lost that childhood excitement....

She would grace a journal cover, box, wall hanging, gift bags etc



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.