Thursday 23 December 2021

The Painting has taken over again


 The painting on paper has been a welcome change.
.... a diversion from painting on wood and in buttons or decorations... 
I might just confess I have become addicted.....
It allows me to illustrate and then ink in & paint an entire story.....
****
The paint does not flow in the same manner, this is watered more ....but stopping mid brush stroke is damaging in both....
I have a lot of papers now all painted & am having a slight lean to maybe doing some more fabric painting,.????
What all this paper stuff has done has moved me along to packaging the buttons for the coming seasons ....now I want a certain paper at a decent price to give it the look I can create on water colour paper but falls flat on smooth papers...
It is great to have challenges.
****
Of challenges... I have a huge grevellia tree in the back lawn which the magpies have as their sing song tree... which is absolutely beautiful.
They sing to me for ages & I noted this morning some singing and also 2 magpies & 3 native corellas wanting the same space...
2 baby corellas & mother as she was feeding one.... later I spot them picking the bark in the tree....and the magpie about 3 bird spaces away from these invaders....
Much noise goes on until I walk outside.
Magpies sing & I talk to them all....
The corellas go silent for the time.
Interesting to observe on & off during the day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.