Wednesday 22 September 2021

Theodora Cleave Christmas 2021


 As the pandemic rolls on & on and vaccines have lagged behind the virus spread and lockdowns and really lockouts have been common. We hold on to the hope of the world just swinging back to the way it has been... with only gradual changes to our lives.

Yesterday this state was rocked by a large earthquake and damage was seen in the inner suburbs of Melbourne and the demonstrations by angry "men" continues to put all at more risk.... I know it makes them feel big & tough but they are just plain angry men and that looks pretty sad in this era.

It is often harder to turn one's head away from all and focus on creating and just keeping doing some things that bring pleasure..... so here I am with some dashes of Christmas Spirit.......

This season I have not had much in the way of designing buttons or Christmas decorations. .my creations come from within I don't cast about looking to see what I can glean from st elsewhere....so because of all the disruptions to my world that are still settling and the rest of the stuff mentioned already ...life has less space for plain creativity from my pencil.

I then have to consider if it is worthwhile to get an image I draw prepped for laser cutting and then cut & how many ....will these sell in this season of despair & hope ?

I have been able to selectively revisit so many of my designs and I see them in a new way as I paint the delicate lines of a deer.....or careful weave a small brush around a Santa's beard. 

I love all of it and i love the designs that can be just hung from a tree or simply applied into a project to make a tag or frame.

Today will be devoted to some serious reorganising my papers of painted Santas and people of where I placed things for work easy access... that are now a bit clunky...

Once I mail out my orders..... the day will be sort of free range.....

Enjoy your day and with the day I send us all much hope for a happier world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.